Have you ever been in a hurry and wanted to get the closest cab in San Jose as soon as possible? Everyone has! In those moments, everybody realizes that knowing how to hail a taxi can be of big help. If you happen to live or visit San Jose during this holiday season, you should know all the alternatives when it comes to hailing a cab in Silicon Valley.
Let’s check ‘em out!
1. Good Old Street Hailing
The majority of people imagine the infinite number of movie scenes when they first think about hailing a taxi on the street. While this may be difficult in a city as crowded as NYC and LA, in San Jose, it’s not impossible to get yourself a cab nearby in that way. However, when there are traffic jams, San Jose also can be a challenging place to hail a cab.
With that in mind, there are a few tricks that can help you when wondering how to hail the nearest taxi efficiently, and your Yellow Checker Cab taxi company San Jose will gladly share them:
- Look for available taxis in the area only – Almost all cabs in Silicon Valley have the roof light that shows the number of the vehicle and whether or not it’s occupied. Make sure to hail the taxis that are free, and you’ll know that by minding the roof light – free cabs will have only the number in the center lit. As soon as you notice it – raise the arm!
- Choose an ideal spot – Corners on the street are usually the best place to hail a cab. Make sure you’re standing on the right side of the street – see if the traffic is going in the direction you need and stand on that side. Make sure to step away from the footpath so that you’re more noticeable. However, don’t go too far on the street because it is dangerous.
- Raise your arm with confidence – You want a taxi driver in the area to notice you as soon as possible, and that’s why you need to raise your arm up and be confident about it.
- Maintain eye contact with the driver – As soon as you see a free taxicab near you and you raise your arm, make sure to look the driver straight into the eyes because this will help you to know whether he/she is going to stop or not. Taxi chauffeurs usually nod if they want to stop and pick you up. If the driver is ignoring you, keep hailing.
- Talk with the driver about your destination – Once your cabbie has stopped, inform him/her about your final destination and enter the vehicle. If the traffic is hectic and there are too many vehicles on the street, enter the vehicle first and then talk about the destination and eventual stops along the way.
2. Cab Stand
Cites in Silicon Valley that Yellow Checker Cab serves usually have cab stands on multiple locations. Whether you’re in San Jose, Milpitas, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, or any other Silicon Valley’s adorable town, make sure to go to the cab stand close to your current location and find your Silicon Valley taxicab there.
If there’s a line of people, be sure not to skip it since it isn’t very polite. Wait patiently for your turn and enter the vehicle that will take you to your desired destination.
3. Call Yellow Checker Cab
Very often, hailing a cab on the street or waiting in long lines near the cab stand can be really exhausting and time-consuming. Yellow Checker Cab is there to make sure you have your cab close by ready to pick you up and drive you throughout Silicon Valley in comfortable, clean, and examined vehicles. Give us a call and book your vehicle in a matter of minutes. Friendly customer support agents will answer all of your questions and reserve a cab on-demand close to Belmont, San Martin, or any other town in the area.
In need of a reliable and punctual “airport taxi ride for my business trip”? Tell Yellow Checker Cab’s representatives all the info and expect prompt and safe cab rides in Silicon Valley. Know that YCC also offers great wheelchair-accessible taxicabs close by, as well as eco-cars if you prefer riding in those.
4. Book on Yellow Checker Cab’s Website or Use YCC’s Convenient App
If you’re on-the-go and don’t have time to call, Yellow Checker Cab is a taxi company in Silicon Valley that knows that efficiency is the number one priority nowadays. That’s why you can easily book a cab close to you on YCC’s website, with the convenient booking widget, or simply install the app that will make the reservation process even easier.
No matter if you’re a new or loyal customer, Yellow Checker Cab’s experienced drivers will treat you with the utmost respect and provide the smoothest taxi rides through Silicon Valley. Visit YCC’s website, insert all the relevant information (pick up location, date, time and drop off location), and your assigned taxicab driver in the vicinity will be there on time.